Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Line Dancing

I am the beehive advisor in my ward and absolutly love it! For one of the midweek activities they wanted to learn how to dance. So I taught them how to line dance! Well about a week later one of the beehives asked me if I would come to her middle school to teach line dancing. They were having a big country dance party the last day of school and wanted me to come teach the 6th, 7th and 8th graders! So on Friday I had to take off work and go to their school. It was so fun! I was impressed how both guys and girls were willing to learn. They caught on quick!! They had a lot of fun and we even had a competition bewteen the guys and girls and from my view they tied! Anyway it was so cool to see all these young kids just trying so hard to be coordinated and get the rhythm! It was just such a fun experience!

3 comments:

Emily said...

How fun! It sounds like they loved it! I bet you are having a blast as the Beehive advisor!

Christi said...

that sounds like so much fun! I love reading how your doing and whats going on. Good luck with your class in the fall!

Katie Bear said...

How fun! I love line dancing! I remember learning how to line dance when I was a beehive. I'm so glad I grew up in Texas, because I don't think they line dance many other places.