Monday, June 25, 2007

Camp Shalom!


















Girls Camp was so much fun! I am so glad I got to go as a leader. I think its almost more fun as a leader cause I didn't have to do any of the certification stuff! This camp is so much more intense than when I was in YW. Each girl had responsibility of building a fire for an assigned meal (we made all our own meals as a ward) and sometimes we were waiting for like 20 minutes before a fire was started. Every girl at some point had cooking duty, dish duty, fire duty, biffy duty (the bathrooms are called biffies, not quite sure why!) I really got to know the girls during camp and loved being with them. My favorite parts of camp was hiking, the canoes (though some girls "fell out" of their canoes and got in big trouble, but it was pretty funny!), singing across the lake at night with another stake on the other side, marshmellows over the campfires, the faith walk and all the chants and songs that you sing at Girls Camp! Here are pictures of the canoe races we had, some of the girls in my cabin, sitting and waiting for dinner to be ready, and my third years and me on the hike! It was so dusty there, we just got so dirty. To make it worse we had no hot water. Most of us, including me, didn't take a shower the whole time! I also had the problem of blending in as one of the girls, I was constantly explaining that I was a leader and not one of the girls!





3 comments:

Julia and Cody said...

Oh that seemed like a lot of fun! Where did you go for it. I know it was in Utah so I probably don't know the spot, but what city? We go camping for our Family reunion towards SpringValley, I think that is what it is called. I'm not sure. Anyways... cool,cool. It looked like you had a lot of fun!

Andrea said...

Wow. That is SERIOUS camping. Did I mention we had air conditioned cabins? Ridiculous! I'm glad you had fun, though. You look so cute roughing it!

Pale Bear said...

Bathroom In Forest For You = BIFFY