Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Graduation and Summer plans

I know I have some serious updating to do so here we go. First and the most exciting is that I am now a BYU grad! Graduation was so fun and it was nice to have my parents come in town. I was suprised to see President Hinckley at graduation. The whole crowd cheered when he came in. I also really enjoyed Dick Cheney's speech. Friday when I walked I was glad to not have tripped while on the stage but disappointed that I was called "Shauna" as I walked across. But I am so glad to be graduated and now for summer plans. I will be in Orem all summer. I will be working for my dad part time and for Ann Taylor part time. Other than that I will be setting up my classroom for next fall. Matthew is taking a biochem class and golfing this spring semester and them a chem class and english for summer term. He will also be working as a chem TA both spring and summer. I am loving the warm weather and the activities we can do outside now that it is warm! I am sad that most of my friends are not staying here for the summer but I will probably be keeping myself busy. Well thats it for now!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your graduation, "Shauna"! :) I am so proud of you. I think that it is so awesome that you and Jenna will both be teaching 6th grade. Two minds are better than one when coming up with creative ideas and teaching methods.:) I bet your mom (and my mom) are sad that you're not working at an Ann Taylor here in Texas because then they could get discounts. Sounds like you have a busy and fun summer ahead of you. It's SO GOOD to hear from you!!!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! How exciting to be starting this new phase of life - and to have your sister close by!

Alisa said...

YEAH!! thanks for the update!!

Melissa said...

I am here. We need to hang out!!! If there are any sells at ann Taylor just let me know!!!