Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Challenge

The wellness challenge that I am doing now is 3 weeks in and I am glad to say that I am doing better than I expected overall. Things I have learned about myself so far:
-I CAN get up everyday at 6:30 to go workout if I really put my mind to it.  But there have been those mornings where losing a point sounds a lot more appealing then getting up.
- I am a sucker for desserts. I had book club tonight and totally gave in to the wonderful strawberry shortcake.
-I have realized that I really don't eat enough vegetables every day. I have to eat 2 veggies every day to get a point for it and sometimes I really struggle to do it.  I have to constantly think about it when I cook.
-Overall I am really glad I am doing this.  Even if I retain only one of these good habits, I feel that the challenge was worth it. (And a little prize money wouldn't hurt either!)

On a unrelated note, I have totally gotten into decorating for Valentine's Day.  Kind of a random holiday to decorate for but I have seen so many cute projects floating around in blog land that I had to try some of them out.  Here is what I have made.

 Cupcake liner wreath from here 


Subway art from here with the roses made from here

5 comments:

Heather said...

Your wreath turned out sooo cute! I still haven't made mine. Good job on the challenge, sweets are certainly my weakness too and I also need to get those veggies in. Let's get a nice big treat to celebrate when it's over; sounds like I haven't learned a thing from it but there is always room for a good treat. :)

Anonymous said...

such cute crafts! I swear you are one of those people who are good at everything!! :)

Melissa said...

Your Valentine crafts are ADORABLE!!! I keep seeing all of these cute V-day wreaths and keep thinking that maybe I should make one myself. Good job on your challenge! Sounds like a great thing!! Do you remember that post your wrote about picking lemons? We had the elders over for dinner a couple of days after I read that and one of them was from Arizona. I was so glad you had posted about the weather and picking lemons because it helped me start a conversation with him (he is a really shy missionary).

Alexi said...

So cute Shan! I found that subway art too but have yet to print it out yet. Miss you!

Jenna said...

Umm so when have you had time to make V-day crafts?! They are way cute! I guess I have do have time to print a sheet of paper-but it won't have cute roses on the frame!