Tuesday, January 25, 2011

18 months

Austin just turned 18 months this past week.  We just love this little boy so much and can't believe we have a toddler now instead of a little baby!  He got to go to nursery this week at church for the first time. He loved it!  He just went right in and started playing.  Once he saw us leave he was a little sad but was distracted easily.  I spied on him a couple of times and he was reading books with everyone and having a great time.  I have to say that I also had a great Sunday being able to sit through all the meetings and actually hear the lessons.

Here are the other things we are loving about Austin:
-He is very expressive and has a very outgoing personality
-Still loves to cuddle with me and give hugs and kisses
-Loves to run in big open places
-Is becoming less picky with foods and is really good at feeding himself
-Sleeps through the night with one nap during the day
-Is in the 80 percentile for height and weight
-He babbles and talks all day long but can only say a handful of words
-Loves to help me with everything especially if its anything to do with cooking
-Copies things I do such as putting on makeup, putting on shoes, or cleaning things.
-Very social with other kids and loves to give hugs to babies
-Loves to read books and sing songs
-Bubbles are his  favorite thing in the world
-Could spend all day outside if I would let him.


2 comments:

Aubrey Jane said...

I love him. So glad that he did well in nursery! He is such a cute, sweet, fun boy.

Heather said...

Ah! We have 8 weeks til nursery and I hope my kids do as well as Austin. Enjoy all the spiritual enlightenment you can now sit through quietly. :)