Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lemons into Lemonade

Usually this saying implies something negative somehow being turned around into something positive. But for us today it is quite literal.  We went and picked  lemons today and there were so many we could have lemonade for months!  It was such a beautiful day, about 68 degrees and sunny.  There is an orchard right on campus where Matthew goes to school and so we went as a play date to pick oranges and lemons.  Austin loved running around, picking fruit, finding sticks, and playing in the dirt. 



There was also a huge tractor just sitting there which Austin absolutely loved exploring.  I have a feeling our winter, if you can even call it that, has ended and that it just is going to heat up from here on.  I would love this weather all year round. My kitchen now smells very citrus-y!

4 comments:

Taryn said...

I am jealous about your kitchen smelling so great-there is no smell I love more than citrus!

What a fun day.

Melissa said...

I'm so jealous too!! I'd love to go and pick fruit from fruit trees. Do you ever miss the winter weather? I think I would.

All Fun Family said...

How fun! I too love the citrus smell, especially in the kitchen.

Heather said...

Oh man! I wish we could have been there! I will have to go real soon to get some fruit. How was the farmer's market?