Sunday, January 09, 2011

Wellness Challenge 2011

I'm not sure what I have gotten myself into! As kind of an impulse decision, I signed up for a wellness challenge to start the new year off right.  It is kind of intense and I am afraid it's going to kick my butt.  But I am also excited to try it and see how it goes.  There is money prizes at stake as well so that helps with motivation  I suckered Matthew into doing it with me and at least we can struggle together!  In the challenge you can earn up to 10 points every day for the following things:
1 point each for:
-7 hours of sleep (naps count too)
- 48 oz of water
- 45 minutes of exercise
- 2 servings of fruits, 2 servings of veggies
- No soda, beer, wine, or unhealthy snacks
- No sweets. (Desserts, pastries, sugary snacks and cereals)
-No eating after dinner or 8pm
- 15 minutes of scripture reading
- One journal entry (any length)
- One act of kindness

Some of these things won't be a problem for me like soda and sleep.  I think my challenges will be exercising every day (mostly because I will have to do it early in the morning or late at night), 48 oz of water--that's a lot of water!, and lets be honest, the no sweets things is going to be the hardest!  I love a little treat after dinner--or in the afternoon.  Oh and the journal entry every day will be tough.  There will probably be a lot more small postings on the blog as I count this as somewhat journaling :)
Wish me luck! This is what I will be doing for the next 12 weeks!

7 comments:

Heather said...

You can do it Shanna! When I did my first challenge last year I though the no sugar thing would kill me, surprisingly I was okay but I sure looked forward to my free day and would plan a fun and sometimes decadent dessert to make and eat. Exercising 6x/week can also get old. Wait, this is supposed to be encouraging... :) You will be fine, when it's over we can go out for a treat!

All Fun Family said...

That's a cool challenge! I don't think I could handle no sweets...Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

wow that's cool! Good for you!Where did you sign up for this? I thought as i was reading your list, "oh maybe i could do that!" but the the part about not eating after 8pm changed my mind....i'm always hungry a few hours after dinner :) Good luck!

Kevin and Laura said...

good luck Shan! You can do it!!!

Julie said...

You can do it Shanna! Those are all great goals to have and I need to make them mine too! Now you need to come running with us!

Jenna said...

Yea-we looked over yours and it is way more intense than ours-yet we are still struggling too!

Julia and Cody said...

How fun!!! So is this through the church or just something you found?