Sunday, October 05, 2008

Fun Science Things

I have just finished teaching about the moon and its phases and here are a couple of fun things we did with it. First are pictures created by my class of the surface of the moon with a lunar rover on it! I had fun showing the class actual pictures off the internet of astronauts riding in a lunar rover on the moon. Next for their test on moon phases I gave each student a pack of Oreos and they had to correctly show me the phases in order! It was so fun. They agreed with me that this will be the funnest test they will ever take! Now on to the solar system!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Yea! I gave you that rover idea!! They turned out really good. My favorite part about the Oreo test was that I got to snack on Oreao's all day! Did I give you the toliet paper solar system model. If not make sure you get it-it was way fun!

*kt* said...

Shanna, I LOVE your idea for the Oreo moon test. I have to say, I would've never thought of that and it is definitely ingenious! Way to go!

All Fun Family said...

wow, I wish my tests involved Oreo's. Great idea!

Matthew and Shanna said...

I think Jenna actually gave me both the ideas--the lunar rover and the Oreo test! So here is to Jenna for great science ideas!

Taryn said...

Now, how come you can't be my kid's teacher too? I love the oreo test, you are one creative teacher!