Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Door Contest

At work, we are using the month of October for Red Ribbon Month to support no drugs and no violence. We have been doing fun spirit things all month like hat day, crazy sock day, sweats day (my personal favorite) and others. On one of the day we had a door decorating contest. I decided to combine themes and do a Halloween/No Drugs arrangemenet. It was so fun. Thanks to Grandma Black for the cute witch template. My students had a lot of fun making them and were really creative. This year all the schools in my district have invested in a Cricut!! It was so fun making letters with it while my students were working. They thought it was about the coolest machine they had ever seen (I totally agreeded with them!) Anyway our work paid off and we ended up winning the door contest! Yay for my great students!

5 comments:

Taryn said...

I can't say enough how impressed I am with you as a teacher!

How cool that your school got a Cricut!

Andrea said...

I LOVE the witches! SOOO cute! I so wish that I had Grandma Black so close.

And that is so cool that your school got a Cricut! They are so fun. (I don't have one, but a few of my friends do.)

Jenna said...

Somehow I think that is so Utah-to get a Circut for every school so teachers can makes things cute!! I love the Circut!! I can't say enough good things about it!! That would have been fun to have one at my school when I was there. Way cute door! Grandma Black is full of good ideas!

Kevin and Laura said...

So cute! Congrats shan!

Jeff said...

I love your door. Congrats on winning. THe kids did a great job.