Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Shanna is Amazing

I am the luckiest man alive and I want people to know it. It amazes me that even five and a half years into our marriage I am still learning how incredible and close to perfect my sweet little wife is. Of course I thought she was incredible and perfect when we first met and got married, but that's supposed to fade right? Well, maybe I am her refiners fire because it seems to me that the longer we are together the more sincere, committed, strong and righteous my wife becomes. Don't misunderstand me, it has nothing to do with me and is more realistically in spite of what I do. How many women are extremely beautiful, gifted and talented and at the same time humble, teachable and unaware of their beauty. I know only one.

Shanna brightens my every day and makes the worst life has to offer bearable. We were truly unprepared for how difficult medical school was going to be, but with faith and hope we decide life needed to be a little more stressful and so we brought a beautiful little girl in to top it off. I never doubt for a moment that Shanna will be able to handle the stress of raising two children as a "single" parent. She would never even think to complain because everything is so perfectly black and white in her mind. When you have certain responsibilities you just do them without question and without looking for a reward. If I make the bed in the morning I expect a special dinner that night!

I am truly blessed and hope others can see the incredible strength and amazing beauty that I see in my sweet wife. Shanna I love you more than words can express. You bring joy to my life and peace when I think there is none to be found. Thank you for choosing me.

With love and affection,
Matthew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! And very true, shanna is a super woman!

Alexi said...

How sweet! Anyone who knows Shan is very lucky to have her in their lives!