Wednesday, February 29, 2012

One Month Old

Our little Kensley is one month old!  Here are her stats:
 weight: 8 lbs 6 oz   (25th percentile)
 height: 21.5 in   ( 75th percentile)
 head: 14.3 in ( 60th percentile)

She is very long and thin.  At one month old she is still in newborn diapers and clothes.  I have put her in some 0-3 month clothes but they are pretty big on her still.  We had some concerns about her not eating well and gaining weight but for the last week she has gained a good ounce every day and has finally gotten the hang of eating instead of just snacking for a minute and then falling asleep.  We are very happy about that. She eats about every two hours during the day and every 3 hours at night.  As far as sleeping, she loves to sleep anywhere except her bed.  So we are working on that.  We have good nights and bad nights but Austin still takes a nap and I can usually get a nap in the afternoon.

It's so fun to see her be so much more alert now.  She loves being able to look around, loves her swing ( thanks Aubrey!), and of course prefers to be held and snuggled.  Austin is still so good with her.  He has never tried to pick her up, drag her, or hit her.  Maybe that phase is still coming but Austin has had a great adjustment with her so far. However, I am still not comfortable to leave them alone together, not yet.  His favorite thing is when I lay her down next to him in his bed to sing songs as he is going to bed.  He always asks me if she can stay in bed with him.

Used my carrier for the first time when going on a walk with Austin.  It was great!  I never had one with Austin but now with two I see myself using it a lot.  However, it did feel a little like being pregnant all over again! 

All dressed for going to church for the first time.  She clearly does not enjoy playing dress up as much as I do!

Austin loves giving Kensley hugs and kisses. He is very gentle and sweet with her.

Laying in bed together and singing songs before nap time.

Sweet little girl sleeping

9 comments:

Aubrey Jane said...

I see a lot of Austin in her now! So glad that she is eating better and gaining weight, what a relief for you, I know that had to be stressful. I love my baby carrier too and can't wait to use it with baby #2 but I know what you mean about it reminding you of being pregnant :).

Anonymous said...

So glad she is eating better and that the swing has been helpful! We have the same baby carrier- it works well, but I agree it's very similar to pregnancy! In fact I told Jared to wear it all day if he ever felt like sympathizing haha :) kensley looks adorable in her church clothes!!

All Fun Family said...

Kensley's upset look in her Sunday clothes is too cute! I'm glad to hear that the transition for the toddler can be easy. Austin is so sweet with her!

Kris and Megan said...

what a sweet sweet baby girl! so tiny! congrats again!

Jenna said...

That is so cute that Austin likes her to lay down with him. I can't wait to hold her!

Melissa said...

Having two can be an adjustment but it is also a lot of fun. She is precious!!

Nancy said...

Cute, cute........and cute!

Heather said...

Sweet little girl! I am so glad she is gaining weight and eating better, way to keep at it!

Alexi said...

I think she looks a lot like big brother! I can't wait till I can finally meet her! Be looking in the mail for a little gift for Kensley, it will hopefully make it out tomorrow :)