Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election!

So I voted for the first time today!! It was great!! I felt really good about putting in my say for the presidential race. The process went so smoothly and there was no line right after school when I went.

It has been so fun to talk to my class about the election. Some of them are so adamant about who they want to win! I have done a lot of fun online interactive things for students to get familiar with the election process and about the candidates. We talked about the electoral college and I had them all color in the states either red or blue for the 2004 election and discussed what it meant and how they determine a winner. I told them we will do it again in the next couple of days for this election to again see which states ended up voting red or blue. This was such a great visual and educational activity! They are so pumped to see if there were any changes this year. It all comes down to tonight!

No comments: