Sunday, November 23, 2008

Arts Conference

I spent Thursday and Friday at an Arts Conference in Ogden. It was so wonderful. They really put an emphasis on how to include the arts into everyday classroom teaching. We always focus so much on reading, writing and math but sometimes forget about how important visual arts, music, dance and drama are to children. We were able to spend about 2 hours in a workshop for all the art forms and then had a couple of hours with everyone who attended on our grade level to discuss and plan how we are going to implement what we learned into our teaching. I am so pumped to use the ideas and lesson plans I got. One of the best things about the conference is they really integrated across the curriculum. For example they showed us how to teach math using music, weather elements with dance and then drama with teaching the solar system! My kids are going to be so cultured!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That sounds like so much fun! I miss teaching so much!!! I am so glad that you got to have the experiences that you have had in your own classroom before you have children. I know that you are an AMAZING teacher!!