Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Grandpa Black


Last week, my Grandpa Black passed away. Out of my four grandparents, I thought he would have been the last to go and not the first. He had such an active life in running, serving and always working on a project. My family gathered in American Fork, Utah for the services. This was really tough on my Grandma Black but we had most of our famiy there to help and support her. I couldn't believe how many people came to the viewing and funeral. We had prabably 200+ people who stood in line over an hour to pay thier respects to the Blacks. It was very touching to see how many people Grandpa Black had influenced. It was really nice to have so much family around. We really had a good experience being there. The funeral service was so inspirining and helped bring closure to the situation. Though this was a sad event, I am peaceful about it and know I will see him again.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It has been great spending time with you guys lately (despite the circumstances).

Happy Thanksgiving!