Sunday, November 04, 2007

Yummy muffins!

My cousin asked for this recipe, so I thought I would post it for everyone to enjoy!

Coffee Cake Muffins
-1 ½ c flour
-1/2 c sugar
-2 t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- ½ c butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c milk
-Topping (Below)
-Icing(Below)

Topping:
In a small bowl, combine ¼ c brown sugar, ¼ chopped walnuts (optional), 3 T sugar and 1 t cinnamon. Add 1 T melted butter stirring until mixture resembles moist crumbs.

Icing:
In small bowl combine ½ c powered sugar, 1 T milk and 1 t vanilla, stirring until smooth.

Directions:
1. Prepare topping, set aside
2. In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in butter, egg and milk. Stir (will be soft).
3. Spoon 2 T of batter in each cup. Sprinkle ¼ of topping over batter. Spoon batter over topping filling cups ½ full. Sprinkle ¼ topping over batter pressing into batter. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
4. Prepare icing and drizzle over warm muffins.
(Doesn’t make good mini muffins—I tried it)

4 comments:

Ryan, Marissa , Zoe and Cora said...

MMMM...sounds so good! I'm gonna try these. Check out our blog. We tagged you!

Andrea said...

Yummy! Thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to try them.

Taryn said...

Yum, those sound good! I'll have to make those sometime...it's not a good thing that I always have those ingredients on hand except for the walnuts, I just might be making them all too often!

Julia and Cody said...

Yum! They do sound good. You've been tagged. read my blog.