Saturday, November 03, 2007

Halloween!


We had a lot of fun on Halloween in my classroom. In my school district all teachers and students are encouraged to wear costumes all day! So it was almost pointless to do anything productive cause students were so distracted and eager for that night! But we did a fun Halloween writing activity and some other fun Halloween stuff! I was impressed with the costumes my students wore. I had a motercross guy, a couple of devils, a few rocker chicks, a hobo, Legolas from Lord of the Rings, a dead soccor player, and much more. I am really not a costume person but I didn't want to let my kids down so I came to school as a pirate. The whole school had a parade so everyone could see everyone's costumes and even parents were invited. I got several teachers tell me "Oh I almost didn't recognize you as a teacher, I thought you were a student!" Oh well. I had a couple of parents come in to do a Halloween party and they did a great job. We played games (like a mummy making race by wrapping up students in toilet paper!) and made popcorn hands with candy corn as fingernails. It was a great day. I didn't get any trick-or-treaters cause we are in a basement and our door doesn't face the street! But that was ok by me. I was all Halloweened out just from the school day! Here is Jenna and I right before we left for school. I would show a picture of my class doing the mummy race but I probably shouldn't put up student's pictures without parents knowing about it. But they did such a good job!

1 comment:

Katie Bear said...

haha, you two look really cute!