Sunday, July 26, 2009

1 Week Old

I can't believe how time flies! Austin was 1 week old yesterday. He loves to eat and sleep and does not like bath time or having his diaper changed. My mom has been here and we have loved everything she has been able to do for us. Austin has had a bad case of jaundice and has had to be put under some special lights for treatment. He had to lay in this mini "tanning bed" for 2 solid days and nights. We all took shifts in watching over him during the night in his little bed. It was so sad not to be able to hold him or play with him. He had to be under the lights 24/7 except to eat and be changed. But he is slowly getting better and looking less yellow. Other than that he is so fun to cuddle and hold. I love this little guy so much!



4 comments:

Melissa said...

Aren't moms the best...especially after having a baby!! I love those pictures of Austin, keep them coming! :)

Emily said...

I LOVE him! He is absolutely adorable. Congratulations! I'm so glad I have a new baby too because looking at Austin makes me baby hungry! ;-) I'm so happy you had a good labor and that your mom is there to help you.

Andrea said...

So sweet! Congratulations. Glad to hear he is doing well and off the lights. And I'm with Melissa... keep the pictures coming! :)

Jason and Lara Hess said...

He is adorable. Congratulations and we hope that one of these days we will be able to connect. Enjoy every moment even when you are exhausted.