Monday, August 03, 2009

Dental School

In the same week that Austin was born, Matthew also took the Dental Admissions Test. That was quite a stressful week for him. But he did well on the DAT and we are both very excited about that. Yes, he has decided to go to dental school. He has been debating for a long time on what he would like to do after he finishes his Masters degree and he has settled on dentistry. Actually he would like to specialize in orthodontics but dental school is the first step. So he has put in his applications to a variety of schools ranging from Boston to Washington State. We won't hear back from the schools for a couple of months, but we are just praying that we will be accepted into the school that will be right for us!
Since I have no fun pictures of dental school things, I guess I have to put up some picture of our cute little Austin!


6 comments:

Leslie Elaine said...

Dentist school is awesome. Would you eventually help out like what you did before with orthodontics? I hope you get into a good school. I haven't heard about Washington State's dental program but they have the reputation of being the party school...Austin is so cute!

Leslie Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

I have to put my plug in for Washington. I love it here. I really hope you get into the school that is right for you guys but I also really hope that school is up here.
Austin seems really alert. I hope his jaundice is doing better.

All Fun Family said...

Wow, that would be stressful taking the DAT and having a baby the same week. Congrats, Matthew, for doing so well and good luck getting into Dental School!

Kris and Megan said...

how exciting for you guys! isn't it scary kind of trying to figure out where to apply, hoping to get in!? we're in the same boat, except for an mpa. and your little guy is very sweet!!

Ryan, Marissa , Zoe and Cora said...

I love little Austin.