Friday, July 24, 2009

Baby Austin is Here!

Austin David Graff was born on Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 7:14 am. (Also my mom's birthday!) He is so precious and we love him so much! I was suppose to be induced on the following Sunday, but Austin had plans of his own. I finished teaching summer school on Friday, and that night around midnight as Matthew and I were watching a movie at home, my water broke! So we went to the hospital and I labored all night. I will say that I loved my epidural and even dozed a couple of times in the night through contractions! By around 6:45 in the morning I had dialated completely and the doctor was called in. I pushed for 30 minutes and out he came! Matthew was so good through it all and really helped me during the whole process. Overall I had a very positive labor and delivery and am very grateful for that!
Austin came out with a head full of blonde hair (though it did look red at first). He weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and is 20 1/2 inches long. We just love him so much!



12 comments:

Marissa Bassham said...

Congratulations to the both of you! He is so cute!

Julia and Cody said...

Yay!! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys! That's cool he came on your mom's b-day! I bet she's loving that! :>

Debbie said...

Hey Austin you are almost exactly the same size as Abby when she came out. She was just 3oz smaller. We're glad you're here. Be good to your mommy and daddy.

Jenna said...

Yea!!! We are so excited for Cade and Austin to be best friends!

Kara said...

Oh he is just beautiful! What a perfect birthday present for grandma :) The last pic of your hubby and baby made me cry!

Alisa said...

congratulations!! He looks so sweet and precious! can't wait to see you as a mom through your blog!

Mandy Sue said...

Congratulations to you both! He is adorable!

Spicy Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spicy Designs said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! I have been checking your blog every day to see when he came! He is such a cutie. It sounds like you had a fabulous delivery, I am so glad that everything went well. I hope recovery also goes smoothe. I have my business up and running our first day at Provo's Farmer's Market is Aug. 8th, but my business site is spicydesigns.blogspot.com

I am so happy for you!!
Steph

All Fun Family said...

Congratulations! He looks so sweet! I can't wait to see him in person!

Melissa said...

Congratulations to you and Matthew!!! I am so happy that everything went so well. He is adorable!!!

Taryn said...

I love the name and congratulations!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your cute little guy!