Monday, May 11, 2009

Things to Look Forward to...

1. Well first of all there are only 3 weeks of school left! We have finished end of year testing so I am trying to be creative in the things I teach so my students will still be attentive. I can feel that they are really antsy for summer! But I have some fun things planned for the end of the year so I am excited to get to them all.
2. Its finally getting warm and staying warm. I have had spring fever so bad this year! I usually never have complaints whether its summer or winter but this season I have been waiting and waiting for the sun to stay out! So yay for the summer season!
3. For Mother's Day, since I am officially a mother for the first time, Matthew had a surprise for me. But here is a little background: My best friend, Alexi, is getting married this July and I am suppose to be a bridesmaid at it but will be having a baby around the same time and therefore will not be able to travel to Texas. So Matthew is flying her to Utah!! She will be in town the week of my baby shower and birthday! I am so excited! And to make things better, Jenna will also be in Utah that week. I don't know the last time the three of us have been able to hang out together! The last time Alexi came to Utah she came the day Cade was born. It was pretty great timing to say the least. I will definitely be looking forward to the end of June. (Thanks Alexi for agreeing to come amidst all of your wedding planning and thanks to Matthew for such a creative, awesome idea!)
4. Baby in July! Our baby is so active. He just loves to kick and poke me all during the night! We are now planning the baby's rooms and trying to get everything ready. I am just so curious to see what he looks like!! And no, we have not picked out a name yet. We have some picked out we like but are still very open to ideas!

3 comments:

Leslie Elaine said...

When is your baby shower? That'll be so crazy to have Jenna and Alexi there at the same time!

Alexi said...

I'm so excited!!!!

Kris and Megan said...

that's so perfect your friend and Jenna get to come!! it stinks how everyone spreads apart once we all "grow up" huh?! can't wait to hear more about your baby and see him in july. he's going to be adorable I'm sure!! (I still need to send you an invite, I will get on that!!)