Saturday, May 02, 2009

Excited for our Little Boy


I am now in my third trimester! I have really started to notice all the cute little boy things there are and am very excited to put together his room. Matthew and I are very pumped for our little boy to come! Not really the best picture, but I know I am overdue for posting a belly shot.

At school the other day, my class was very, very noisy and just not focusing on what we were doing in class. They had wasted so much of my time during the day that I kept them in for recess to finish an assignment that we had run out of time for. Now you have to know that I never take recess away. I feel it is very important for kids to get time to go out and be outside to take a break from the classroom. But I was so frustrated from having to stop teaching all day long to discipline that I decided to still get through my lesson plans even if it took recess time.
So during recess while my class is all inside working, the principal comes in my class and says, "You are not having recess today?" I explained the situation and then she said, "Ok, well I need to talk to you in the office." So I had another teacher watch my class as I walked down to the office (longest walk of my life!). I thought I was in trouble or something. So we talked about how end of level testing was going and such but nothing really super important.
Then the bell rings for recess to be over and as I am walking back to my class, I notice my classroom door is closed and the lights are off. I'm thinking, Oh no,my class is running rambunctiously around in the classroom. I opened the door to hear, "SURPRISE!!" My class threw me a surprise baby shower!! Three girls in my class had planned it all and their moms were there to help. They planned baby games, had treats prepared, and had gifts for me!! I was totally shocked!! That totally explained their behavior all day!! They were just excited and couldn't focus on school work. The whole class knew about it for weeks and no one spilled the beans at all. So I guess one of the moms saw me in the classroom during recess and told the principal to come get me out so they could prepare. Anyway, I have a great class and they totally surprised me. Needless to say we were done learning for the day.

7 comments:

Julia and Cody said...

ha ha!! That's really cool! :>

Alexi said...

Your baby bump is so cute!

All Fun Family said...

That's so sweet that your class had a baby shower for you!

Kara said...

Awwwe how sweet of them! No wonder they were all excited...they'd been keeping a secret! You look adorable.

Emily said...

Wow! What a great class! That says a lot about you as a teacher too if they love you enough to throw you a surprise baby shower!

Andrea said...

Love the belly picture!

And I love that your class threw a shower for you. So sweet.

Tiffany said...

Wow. Thatis really sweet! I totally understand what you mean about your kids getting antsy for summer and feeling like you have to think of creative things for them to do.
I love your blog, by the way... I found it off of Alisa's...
Tiffany Searle