Sunday, July 13, 2008

Snowbird with Emily!

One of my good friends from college, Emily, invited Jenna and I to come up to Snowbird Resort to spend the day with her family. Her family has a timeshare there and they go up every year. She was so nice to invite us up. Emily now lives in St. George with her husband and little girl so we don't get to see her much. We had such a blast. We were able to see the beautiful mountians of snowbird in the summer time (I usually see snowbird covered with snow during ski season). We played tennis with Emily and her siblings, we found a little park for Cade and Emily's little girl to play at, went swimming, went down the alpine slide and had some wonderful cooking from Emily's family. Ok I have to tell a funny story about the slide. So Matthew and I started down the slide at the same time seeing who could get to the bottom the fastest. When I reached the bottom I looked to see where Matthew was and poor thing, his scooter had flipped from under him and he fell out! It was actually kind of funny because he did it right in front of where everyone watches people sliding down. But he really got scraped up! His ear, elbow, and knee now have some ugly scars. Probably not so funny for him. Well we really had a great time and loved our day with Emily and her family! Here are some pictures of the fun we had.

We wanted to go to this park but the trail was a little difficult to bring strollers but here are Cole and Landon (Emily's husband) offroading up to the park!


This is right before we left in the evening! We hadn't took a picture of just the three of us the whole day!

Cade somewhat enjoyed the swimming. We went in the evening and I forgot how chilly it gets in the mountains! Good thing the pool was warm!


Matthew and I getting in line for the alpine slide. What beautiful mountians!


The boys getting ready to go down the slide!

The girls getting ready to go down the slide!

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Hi shanna....I loved the memory you left on my blog, so I'm going to share one with you here....I remember when you shared your engagement story with the whole cohort. I remember there were strawberries and a platter involved, right?!! I also remember you telling us about your mishap when you lived in MN and opened the door to an unexpected guest, when you thought it was Matthew....ha ha!!! I'll leave the details of that story out!

Taryn said...

First, you are so photogenic! You look beautiful in that picutre of you and Matthew in your blog header. And second, what a fun day! Everything you did sounds like so much fun-I love days like that when you get to pack so much stuff into a day.

Emily said...

Reading Alisa's post, I remember the story about your MN mishap when you thought it was Matthew too! So funny! I'm so glad you guys could come up to Snowbird! It was so fun! I'm glad you and Matthew are stickin' around for a while!

Anonymous said...

It was fun hosting you guys, Emily did all the work, well, most of it anyway and we enjoyed the fruits of our labors. Sorry about the Alpine(ouch)slide....you will have to come up next year and try and improve your record! Tennis anyone? Thanks,
Paul and Marcie