Monday, July 28, 2008

Pioneer Day

I have never really celebrated Pioneer day growing up and I think that is because I didn't live in Utah!! Pioneer day here is celebrated just as much as the 4th of July!! So we made sure that we had a good day. We got together with Jenna and Cole, and Melissa and Jeff and went to this little water park in Provo. It was so fun. It really is designed for young kids but we were playing just as much as they were! Later that night we went to a minor league baseball game in Orem. We all laid out blankets and sat on the grass. It was nice and the sunset was beautiful over the mountains. Too bad we lost. But the best part was that there were fireworks at the end of the game. They were probably some of the best fireworks I've seen!! So we definitly had a wonderful Pioneer day.




1 comment:

Emily said...

I love that water park! I'd like to take Mylee to it sometime. Because I grew up in Utah, I forget that other states don't celebrate the 24th! I'm glad you guys had fun!