Friday, July 25, 2008

Down in Alabama

We just got back into town from visiting Alabama. The Graffs now live in Alabama and Matthew's sister was getting married. It was such a fun visit! I am so glad we were able to go. I was surprised how hilly and green Alabama was. The wedding was very nice and Aubrey looked so pretty. I absolutly loved her dress. I thought it looked so good on her! The night before the wedding we had a big swim party at the club house in the townhome complex where the Graffs live. It was the perfect place. They live kind of in the woods with the big Coosa River behind them. The view from their backyard is amazing. I felt like I was visiting a resort or on vacation somewhere not in Alabama! Then the next day the wedding was wonderful. They had a beautiful ceremony in the Birmingham Temple. Everything turned out perfectly. That night the reception was at the same clubhouse. Here are some pictues.

Here is the view from the Graff's backyard! So pretty! We actually went kayaking down this river one of the days after the wedding. It was an all day event. It took us about 4 hours to finish! We went over rapids, went swimming and got tipped out of our kayaks! It was so fun but I couldn't bring my camera but it would have gotten destroyed!


Here is the happy couple just coming out of the temple!


Matthew and his little sisters outside the temple.

Matthew and I at the reception


Aubrey's brothers carrying her while her new husband is below!


The wedding party


Bridesmaids! We kept getting asked all night if we were sisters! This is Aubrey's best friend from when they were 12.

The newly weds leaving the reception!


Matthew dancing with his sister!

Matthew and his brother played rockband for a significant amount of time while we were there!I actually got pretty good on the drums!

No comments: