Thursday, September 04, 2014

Boys vs Girls

Looking back at the things we have done this summer, it's so funny how different boys and girls play. These are a few examples:

"Mom, look how tall (and symmetrical) my tower is!" 

 "Mom, my tower is for a princess to live in."

We decide to paint one day. Austin drives his cars through the paint to make tracks, while Kensley paints her nails.

At the beach: Kensley splashes around with her floatie pretending to swim

Austin is scooping and playing with construction trucks in the sand.

But other times they play just the same. Like when we went hiking and they both tried to pick the biggest rock to keep to put in my backpack to carry home.


 And when they play together at the park trying to climb up the slides together.

Both of these cute kids share a major sweet tooth. This summer's trend for us was popsicles.

And they are equally competitive when we race cars down our ridiculously steep sidewalks. 

For the most part they play pretty well together and I am so grateful for that! And I love when they help each other or share or think about what the other one might want.  It's also fun to look back at our summer at the things we have done.  I think I am dreading winter a little since I have never lived in real winter condition since having kids (minus the winter when Austin was a baby)  We were in AZ for three years and then in TX for last year's winter. So, I'm not really ready to be cooped up inside for months. So I'm just holding on to the warmth as long as possible!









2 comments:

All Fun Family said...

Too cute! I especially love the difference in painting styles, haha.

Good luck enduring the cold winter. If Jason has his way, we'll be enduring those as well at some point in the future...I bet your kids will have fun with the snow, though.

Nancy said...

Love these!