Sunday, May 13, 2012

Father and Son

Last weekend Matthew and Austin got to go on their first father and sons camp out.  It was the perfect weekend since Matthew didn't have a test the following Monday like he usually does. This is the first time Austin has been camping and he was so excited.  Almost too much so in the fact that he wouldn't take a nap that day. Matthew said Austin was great and really fun the whole time.





 I guess his favorite parts were going to go look for sticks and hanging out inside the tent.  He thought the tent was the coolest thing ever and thought the sleeping bags were such a novelty. I guess he would always come inside the tent and lay down on the sleeping bag just because he thought it was so cool.  He also loves flashlights and loved being able to use his in the dark.




  When it was time for bed Matthew took Austin inside the tent, read him the books I packed and then they both laid down and Austin went to sleep.  I was a little worried that it wouldn't go as smoothly.  However,  Austin did wake up a 4:30am ready to get up and play! Poor Matthew. So they got up and looked for more sticks until everyone else got up.

I'm so glad Matthew took these pictures for me to see!  I love seeing them have so much fun together.  Kensley and I had some great girl time while they were gone which included root beer floats, sewing, sleeping in, and cuddling. 



4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my goodness that first picture is adorable!! What a great dad and how cute Austin was with his excitement!

Heather said...

What Julie said was my first thought too! I adore that first picture! I am excited for next year and for Phil to take Max. Kudos to Matthew for taking time to do that for Austin during this crazy time of school.

Miss you guys! I am so glad you are blogging so I can see your cute faces.

Jenna said...

Wow Austin looks so happy!! How fun!

Aubrey Jane said...

This is so great, made me super happy! I love how Austin is looking at Matthew in that one picture, you can tell he had a blast! What a great Dad getting up at 4:30 to go look for sticks lol. So funny.