Monday, May 07, 2012

3 Months

Our little Kensley is 3 months now.  I can't believe she is that old already!  She has developed so much already and just gets cuter every day.  Her biggest milestone so far is that she has started to roll over. She doesn't do it all the time, but I did get it on video and she has done it several times since.  She is really starting to get interested in toys and is getting good at focusing and watching things.  She also loves to stare at Austin whatever he is doing.



She loves to give us lots of smile but I have yet to capture it on camera! She also has started to coo and use her voice.  I love it when she looks right at me and then seems to tell me a whole story in coos and noises.  Austin still loves her sister but he loves to get a reaction out of her whenever he hugs or kisses her which usually results in him being too hard and her crying.  He seems to just love that she reacts to him. But too bad he enjoys the negative reactions.


I just took Kensley to the doctor today because she is tongue tied just like Austin. I took her in so young because she still isn't a great eater and I am wondering if she is having to work too hard with that tongue.  The doctor said yes, she is pretty tied down and needs to get it clipped and since she is so young we could do it right in the office with some numbing medicine. Ok. He leaves to go get some paperwork and I am telling Austin that Kensley has to get her tongue fixed soon just like he did.  When he doctor gets back he is all gloved up ready to go!  I had no idea he meant lets do this right now!  So Kensley sits right on my lap and with the help of a nurse to hold her still, Austin is sitting right next to me just watching the whole thing and the doctor does it.  Of course she screams which breaks my heart but she really recovered very quickly and seems to be eating fine without any pain.  


It really is so fun having a little girl around!  I feel like we are finally figuring out her schedule.  She is taking 4 naps a day with one of them being a nice 2-3 hour nap.  I love having a schedule and knowing what to plan around. I think we are past the hardest point of adjusting.  She still gets up 2 times during the night to eat and gets up around 6am on the dot with Austin. Funny how both my kids do that.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty crazy both kids wake up at 6! You poor thing! Mine have decided 7 is good lately, and I am dying of sleep deprivation over here! I don't know how you even function!

Poor kensley and her tongue! That makes me soo sad, I am surprised the doctor did it then and there. Glad she is recovering okay. She sure is getting adorable- and looks super similar to Austin. Hope you can capture a picture of her smile soon! I want to see it! :)

Nancy said...

Love seeing pictures of brother and sister together!!!

Heather said...

Yay for schedules, sleeping, growing and cute babes. I hope that her tongue getting fixed will resolve her feeding issues and you can feel confident and relaxed in that area. You are such a great mommy and I am sad that we moved away and our schedules and new baby life didn't allow us to play more often.

Jenna said...

I love Austin's smiles!! Kensley is looking so big!!