Sunday, October 16, 2011

Partying....I mean Babysitting

Ok I totally stole that title from my sister Jenna but it was the perfect description! My parents had the awesome opportunity to go to Moscow, Russia for a week and my youngest sister is 13 and living at home. So Jenna and I were both able to go home and be with Alyssa while my parents were away.  It was so fabulous to spend time with Alyssa and Jenna while Austin got in some good cousin time with Cade and Rylee.  I did get to see my parent for a day after they got back and got to hear all the cool things they did.

How awesome is that!

Here is my picture overload of what we did during the week together:
 Alyssa is an 8th grade cheerleader at her school so we were able to go to one of her games and watch her cheer.
 Rylee watching the game in all her cuteness

 Ahh sorry its blurry! Alyssa is the cute little one in front :)

 Our neighbor has chickens and let us come over one night to see the baby chick and to pick some eggs. Cade and Austin loved it. 
(blogger would not let me turn this picture the right way)


 Proof that Jenna and I were together! Sometimes we get so focused on the kids we forget to document ourselves. Try not to notice how Jenna's hair curls up so much better than mine!

 Me getting in some girl time with Rylee!

 Meeting up at the park with a couple of friends from home. We have 8 1/2 kids between all of us now! So fun to catch up with these girls.

 Austin and Cade enjoying their gifts from Russia.

 Making cookies with Alyssa!  Austin is clothes-less because we had just come back from picking eggs at the neighbors and Austin fell in a mud hole.  It was really sad and really funny all at the same time.  He hates being dirty and he kept slipping and couldn't get out. Whereas Cade was just itching to jump in and was sad he couldn't play in it too.
This is what the boys did most of the time.  They would fill up their carts and chase each other around the house. 
 What is with blogger suddenly not letting me put in vertical pictures? Anyone else have issues with that?  I love this picture of Austin, Rylee and I jumping on the trampoline.

Austin and Cade loved sitting together when we went places and Jenna and I loved driving around Dad's car!

Jenna and I were also able to get some crafting nights in as well as go shopping together. We also stayed up way to late every night. It was a fun-filled week and I'm so glad my parents were safe and enjoyed Russia as well as letting me come home for a little trip too!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Looks like you all had a blast! And yes, blogger won't flip random pictures of mine- it's pretty annoying!

Alexi said...

It's hilarious that you and Jenna practically have the same post. Looks like y'all had fun! Wish I could have gotten some Twin time in!