Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lately

Not too much has been going on but I thought I would just give a general update.  This quarter of classes for Matthew has been really tough for all of us. His classes this time are just more intense and time consuming. He is definitely feeling more stress and pressure and Austin and I have definitely felt his absence a lot more. We will all be glad when this quarter ends in about 2 weeks.
Austin and I have been trying to keep busy. Here is a little bit of what we have been up to:

Austin is really into legos lately and this time he wanted to be all covered in them.

 Austin loves to put on my necklaces when he sees me do it and really wanted a picture of both of us wearing them.

Austin starting sorting out his alphabet puzzle like this all by himself. I was quite impressed!

 And we are always finding new things to play with.

Now that it is a little cooler, Austin loves to have a snack while sitting on our stairs and watch cars and trucks drive by. I think his mouth was full while he was trying to smile.

To go along with the season I have really been into baking with pumpkin and this blog has lots of yummy pumpkin recipes. I have tried the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (twice!) and the pumpkin french toast and loved both of them!
 I have also made pumpkin bread using my roommate Laura's recipe and it is the best:
-3 c sugar
-1 c vegetable oil
-4 eggs
-1 1/2 t salt
-1t cinnamon
-2/3 c water
-2 c pumpkin
-3 1/2 c flour
-1 t baking soda
-1 t nutmeg
-1/4 t ground cloves
-1 c nuts
Combine and bake:
375 for 2 large loaves for 1 hr.
350 for 4 small loaves for 40-45 minutes

3 comments:

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

Hang in there girl! Second year is a hard one! Looks like you guys are keeping busy!!!!

Nancy said...

Love that big smile on that little guy!!

Kevin and Laura said...

Yay! I got a shout-out on the blog! :) Now I want to make that bread...