Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cars 2

We took Austin to the movie theater for the first time ever.  He loves the first Cars movie. Sometimes he will wake up and bring me the remote while saying "Cars, Cars."  It's very cute but more often than not I have to turn down that cute little request.  But his attention span doesn't last an entire movie so we were worried that he wouldn't stick through it. But we wanted to give it a try.  We explained to him where we were going and he was so excited. 


He loved sitting in his own big chair and I think he was mesmerized by the huge screen. He got so excited when it started and kept shouting "Cars, Cars!"   With snacks and drinks, he lasted through it but towards the end it was nearing nap time so I did sneak in binkie and blanket to help him finish the movie.

Overall I did like the movie but I didn't appreciate the guns, shooting, violence, and characters shouting "Kill him, kill him."  I think I rated it with a little paranoia since this is my child watching it and so I want it to be clean. Also the story line was way complex and complicated.   However, it was a very pretty movie, meaning all the graphics were done really well and I liked all the cultural things they put in since the characters are traveling around the world.  But I love the first movie (and can almost quote it by heart) and I think we will stick with that one.

It was a great experience and we wanted to take advantage of the under-two-years-old are free deal. (However, the ticket lady didn't believe he was under two!) It's so fun to have Austin be really into something and then to take him to this and to see how excited he got.  I think he felt like such a big kid and it made for a fun Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

I am with you on your movie review. I took Nate to see it last weekend and was a little disappointed. He had no idea what was going on (except for the races) and I hated that the cars were drinking in a few scenes too. I liked the short Toy Story film in the beginning better than the movie!

It is so fun taking them to do special things like this though!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Addie loves loves to look at pictures of Austin. She always asks for "more more!" when we reach the end of the page :)