Wednesday, February 03, 2010

We have News!

No, I'm not pregnant. I guess this is more Matthew's news that I get to share. He will be finishing his Masters program this year and for these past two years Matthew has had a tough time deciding what to do once he graduates. He has gone through many options like medical school, getting a doctorate in Neuroscience, dental school, and others. He really didn't feel quite right about any of them but knew he needed to make a decision. He sent out several dental school applications recently, however in the meantime found another option that he is really excited about. He found podiatry school. He sent out applications and within a week got 4 interviews. I really feel that this is the route we are suppose to take. I have never seen Matthew more excited about a career choice. He loves that he will be going to Medical School but will come out specialized in the foot and ankle instead of graduating from med school and then having to specialize after that. He also loves that he will be doing office visits and surgeries. Matthew has been interviewing and has been accepted to several places and we have made our decision....We will be moving to Arizona!! Matthew will be attending Midwestern University in Glendale, Arizona. We will be moving this summer. I am so proud of Matthew and all that he has done and we are both excited to start this new phase of our life.

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Yay! That's so exciting. We are sad that you won't be coming to our city to study at our University but we're happy that you're happy. Congratulations

Aubrey Jane said...

Congratulations, we are so excited for you guys! I love that you prefaced it with, no, I'm not pregnant, lol. I'm glad you are going somewhere close enough that we can come visit :)

Kris and Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris and Megan said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY! How awesome!! AZ is the best, we are loving it!! You're not going to be THAT far from us, we'll have to gather up all the el ed people that are down here! My friend's hubby goes to that same school, just for regular med school. Congratulations to both of you! Hope you aren't kicking yourself when you move in the heat of the summer though... The rest of the year is perfect I hear- Right now and the last couple months have been AMAZING! But, I'm sure you're used to Texas heat + humidity which there is zero here so maybe it won't be as bad... I'm so excited for you guys!!

Leslie Elaine said...

How exciting! I don't know how far Glendale is from Phoenix but whenever Laura visits Kevin's family-you guys could see each other!

Taryn said...

Hooray! Of course I wish you would be living by me, but I think AZ will be great for you guys! My brother-in-law will be starting at that same school in the fall too.

Siah's said...

you make a wonderful couple...n so is the kiddo with both of ya all...may god bles....:-)

Alexi said...

Yay Shan! And I'm glad now when I visit you I won't freeze! I don't know how you can handle that Utah cold!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Hi, I'm Jenny Heyman's sister-in-law. I was blog hopping and came upon your blog and I think it was meant to be because my friend's husband went to that school for podiatry. If you would like me to get you their contact info let me know. I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to you about it. I hope this doesn't freak you out! haha :)

Emily said...

Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it there! Much warmer then Utah, consider me jealous!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Congratulations! By the way, I stumbled upon your family blog after clicking "next blog" while staring in boredom at my own. XD

Development Catalyst said...

I don't personally know you guys but I love your family.I hope i will have a family like yours in the future.