Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day by Matthew

I have never written a post on our family blog and feel that now would be a great time. The reason I wanted to write a message today is so the world might know that Shanna is the most amazing wife and mother ever. There is rarely ever a time when you will find Shanna angry or upset and in the few moments where she does feel those emotions, they quickly pass and all is forgotten. It is so wonderful to come home to a wife who is excited to see me and wants nothing more than my comfort and happiness. Even after a long day with a crying baby, and not being able to accomplish all the things she had planned, she still greets me with a smile and a kiss and is just genuinely happy to be alive.
Shanna is so optimistic about everything and helps cynical me see the best side of every situation and person. I love the way she can make me smile even when I feel like I will never be able to beat the challenges I might be facing at the time. I know that she loves me, my son and the Lord and I will eternally be grateful for that fact.
The pure heart and sweet naivety allow me to trust her completely. I know that she is mine forever and that she would never leave me. The fact that I have someone so perfect in so many ways is a blessing I know I don't deserve, but give thanks for every day.
It amazes me to no end to watch how patient and sweet Shanna is with our little Austin. I love him but, I hate him compared to how much Shanna loves him. (Madagascar) She will spend hours with him reading books and playing with annoying toys that play the same stupid song over and over again. The way she holds him and protects him allow me to leave home and go to work knowing that my children are in the best possible hands that exist. I thank her with all of my heart for the sacrifice she has made to be a mother and give up some of her personal ambition to be home with our children and teach them how to become strong men and women of faith. She is the right person for the job and I know now that I could never do what mothers do every day.
This ode to Shanna would be incomplete if I didn't mention how incredibly gorgeous my wife is. Every so often we will be watching a show and I will notice an attractive woman on the screen, but when I look back at my wife every woman pales in comparison to her beauty. It would be inappropriate for me to elaborate more but I know that I am the luckiest man alive.
Thank you Shanna for the life you have lived and for deciding to be my wife and the mother of my children. You are the love of my life and I am forever yours.

With all the love I have,
Your husband

6 comments:

Emily said...

what a sweet husband you have! :)

Urpi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MommyToTwoBoys said...

I just happened to find your blog and had to let you know that you have a beautiful family!

And I saw that you are reading the Hunger Games! One of my favorites! I rarely get time to read but always manage to get a few minutes in a day. But with that book and the sequel I stayed up till 2 in the morning because I couldn't put it down! Which is rough when you have 2 little boys up at 6!!!

inspiration said...

awww

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

really sweet...