Sunday, January 18, 2009

"I'm Always Alone"

So this phrase is a family joke directed at me. Appartenly this happened when Jenna and I were really little, like 3 years old and the only kids at the time. I guess I walked into my mom's room while she was taking a nap but she really was kind of awake so she could hear me. I guess I looked at her, saw she was asleep and then sighed and said, "I'm always alone." My mom said she felt so bad, she got up and said "Oh Shan! Let's go play!" What a nice mom. But that comment is just kinda funny cause how many kids have an instant friend that is the exact same age?? I mean I have a twin and really never have had to be alone. But I guess when I was little I sometimes played the pathetic card.

However for the month of January I really have been alone! Matthew has had intense rehearsals for his musical coming up. He has practice every week day from 6-11pm and then Saturdays 9am-9pm. I see him every day for about 45 minutes in the morning as we are getting ready and leaving for work. Then I am asleep when he gets home. I crave the weekends becuase then I get to see him Saturday nights and all day Sunday. It's just been wierd being alone cause like I said, I have almost really never had to be alone and I really don't like it.

But on a happy note, I have been to a couple of Matthew's practices and the play looks really good. Matthew gets to slick his hair back and wear some really handsome costumes including a tux! I'm way excited to see the show and way excited to get my husband back.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm NEVER alone and sometimes I wish I could be just for a couple of hours. :) I'm sorry you have to be alone so much without Matthew, that would not be fun at all. I hate it when Cory has to go on business trips or when he has to go into work on the weekends.

Mandy Sue said...

Sounds like my life except on the weekends I only get my husband for a couple of hours and then he is off to work again.

How fun that Matthew is in a play. I bet he is having a lot of fun with that!

Julia and Cody said...

So I was just reading over your baby announcement blog, and I thought I commented on it but I don't see it, so I guess I didn't. What I'm really trying to say is CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for ya'll! You'll have a lot of fun!

Jeff said...

Oh sad Shan. You can come be my friend. I am off of work for 3 days I am so excited. Tell Matthew goodluck.

Janssen said...

I always used to wish I was a twin. . .I guess I read too many Sweet Valley Kids books :)