Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Home for the Holidays

So yeah, I have been lacking in posting anything new for awhile. But the holidays just seem to get so busy!! Anyway, Matthew and I were able to go to Texas for Christmas this year. We drove two days down and two days back and miraculously didn't hit any bad weather. There were snowstorms all around us but we must have been watched over as we drove. Jenna and Cole also came down so we had the whole family together! It was so nice to catch up with my sisters and parents. Too bad I had a cold the whole time. Here are new things I learned about my little sisters while I was home:
1. Kayla is really pretty without braces and has perfect hair.
2. Alyssa is an amazing cup stacker! (She won first place at her school!)
3. Ciera kisses boys
4. Kayla's dancing is so fun to watch (she is Captain at her school!)
5. Alyssa has a pet turtle named Murtle
6. Ciera thinks that if you just change into different pajama pants than the ones she sleeps in, that counts for getting dressed for the day.
7. Ciera and Kayla both think they are taller than me but they are not. (ok, maybe we are all the same height)

Overall, it was a very relaxing week and was time well spent with family. For New Year's we were back in Utah and were able to hang out with Jenna and Cole and Eddy and Miken. We ended up at Eddy's house playing Rockband until about 2:30am. But it was really fun to hang out and catch up!
Now I am back teaching. But I feel like that holiday time was the perfect amount of break and now its time to get back to work!
I accidentally left my camera at school over the break but I was able to steal some pictures that my family took.



3 comments:

Ciera said...

HAAA
uh #3 isn't new
but I do like #6

Melissa said...

How fun for your family to be all together. Sounds like fun. Thanks for the ADORABLE Christmas card!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had an awesome time and that your drive was safe -we had a blast with you last week! I love the first picture of Cade, it's just makes me happy how much he loves seeing himself in the mirror!