Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter!


So lets be honest, Matthew and I are really into Harry Potter! We were both so pumped for this last book to come out and we have already seen the 5th movie! Actually we watched the Harry Potter movies 1-4 during the week when Jenna was here and then on the weekend went and saw the 5th one! We didn't want to miss out on the excitment of the 7th booking coming out so on Friday we went at midnight to Borders to get our preordered copy! Matthew went early Friday morning to get a ticket to hold our place in line. We we arrived about 12:15am it was so packed!! I couldn't believe how many people were there! It was so fun though. Kids were all over the place dressed up as different characters. It was so funny when the first couple of peolple got their books they held it up really high and everyone in the store starting clapping and cheering! I saw a couple of people I knew like Chris Jones and his wife and a couple of other people from BYU. We stood in line for about an hour before we got our copy. On the way home, I drove while Matthew read the first chapter out loud. Then while I went to bed he proceeded to stay up until 3:30 reading! So neither of us are done with it but when I came home from work today I was going to read until I saw that Matthew had taken the book up to campus with him today!

4 comments:

Julia and Cody said...

That's awesome!! So we saw the 5th movie too while we were in Utah! So we haven't read any of the books, but I thought I would tell you,Danni preordered the last book and is almost done with it! I think she's only had it like 2 days now. Anyways, I thought that was cute.

Anonymous said...

We went and saw the 5th movie this last Saturday we had been trying to get out and see it since it came out, I thought it was pretty good. On Friday night I went and got a copy from Kroger I couldn't believe there was a line! I've started the book but havn't gotten very far yet. There's a guy at my work though that finished the book in 18 hrs straight! Unbelivable.

Nancy said...

We got our copy in the mail late Saturday morning and Ciera had finished it by that evening!!! She even took a couple hours out to study for her ACT prep course!

Karim said...

hey, this blog mentions my name. i thought you weren't going to tell anyone that I was with my wife to get the 7th book. :) hope you enjoyed harry potter, and that life is good.