Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Student Teaching so far

Well I am excited to be in a fifth grade classroom this block of student teaching. I am in Payson and the school is very nice and new. I also have a male teacher for the first time. So far I am not sure what to think about my first couple of days. My mentor teacher doesn't seem very friendly and has hardly talked to me at all. So I have yet to sit down and talk about planning, classroom procedures, what I am expected to do or anything like that. However he did mention that I will be doing two weeks of solo teaching which is really frightning at the moment. I know this is a busy week for all the teacher with parent-teacher conferences so hopefully after this week things will get better. As far as the students go, it seems like a very good class and I really like all the students.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Is that weird working with a male teacher? If it makes it any less frightening about the two weeks by ourselves teaching, I heard that our teachers are not there-or for our observations. We'll see if that's true though...

Emily said...

I hope it gets better for you! It probably is just because of parent/teacher conferences. I'm glad you like your students! If it doesn't get better, just remember that it's only 6 weeks -it's not even an entire 2 months! It will go quick.