Monday, July 14, 2014

Half Marathon

After months of training, I ran my first half marathon last month!  It was a lot of work and trying to train with Matthew being so busy with rotations and traveling but I did it and am so happy about it.  I also couldn't have done it without the support of my dad and my sister Kayla-both of which are runners and went on runs with me and totally gave me the support and motivation I needed!
I did the American Fork Canyon Half Marathon and it was great.  Mostly because the first half was entirely down hill in the canyon.  I ran the fastest I ever had and finished with at time of 1 hour 43 minutes.





Matthew and the kids woke up early to come see me at the finish line but I was a little faster than either of us expected and they missed me by a minute!  But I'm glad they were supportive anyway.

4 comments:

Leslie Elaine said...

Congrats! That's awesome! Way to stay with it, shows a lot a dedication and perseverance. Keep at it. I think of all the marathons Melissa's mom does and its motivating and inspiring. I think it would be such an accomplishment to complete a half marathon, one day.

Nancy said...

You're an inspiration! Super proud of you!

Anonymous said...

That is SO awesome!! Way to go!! I never knew you liked to run when you were in AZ!

All Fun Family said...

You're awesome! Congratulations! Those are really cool pictures of you running.