Friday, July 20, 2012

Austin's Birthday

Austin turned 3 this week! We had a great day celebrating.   

This is Austin waking up to balloons and presents.

We had our traditional pancake breakfast with candles and opened presents before Matthew had to go to school. 


 Austin got a plasma car and we enjoyed taking it outside to try it out. 

After naps we decorated cupcakes which I think was Austin's favorite part of the day!  I let him pick out his cake and he wanted white cake with white frosting and sprinkles. 



After dinner we all went to Chuck E Cheese to play for a little bit.  Austin loved it and Kensley enjoyed it too!



I can't believe I now have a three year old. Here are some things I want to remember about Austin at this age:
-He is really into rockets, trains, airplanes, and of course cars.
-He knows his ABC and can count to 10. He has just learned to write the letter A.  Pretty sure he has taken after me and is going to be left handed.
-He really loves to dance and to find the beat of anything like when the washer or dishwasher is going. It's so funny to watch him suddenly stop and listen and then bop his head to the beat.
-He still has to go to sleep with bear and blanket.
-His new favorite phrase is "Yeah, lets do it." whenever I suggest we do something.
-He is rockin' it at being potty trained. (It's been about a month and a half)
-He has just started saying "why" to everything we say.
-Loves to give Kensley kisses or get her toys and binkie for her.
-He is a early riser and will sometimes climb up in bed and cuddle with me.
-I love his laugh so much and he laughs a lot at almost anything.
-He is definitely a mama's boy.
And there are so many other reasons why we love Austin and so grateful for his cute self in our family!



2 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Austin! Looks like a fabulous family day. My kids love their plasma cars and I know Austin will love his.

Aubrey Jane said...

I can't believe he is 3 already! He is such a cutie, what a fun day!