Friday, June 22, 2012

We Have A Big Kid

I am so thrilled to now say that Austin is potty trained!! Woo-hoo! It was about time.  Our little dude is almost three and it just needed to happen.  We had tried in the past but he has always had such a negative attitude towards the potty, never wanted to sit on it and scream when we suggested that we try.   I was so done buying his size diapers and was not enjoying having two kids in diapers.  However, I was so hesitant to try again since he really had no interest in it whatsoever.

But, one day I was talking to my sister in law, Aubrey about it as she was potty training her son and it totally motivated me to just do it. Then later that night I realized I was using the last diaper we had!  I told Matthew we either needed to go get more diapers that night or start potty training tomorrow.  I decided then and there that it was going to happen the next day.

I used the 3 Day Potty Training method by Lora Jensen.  It took the whole three days for him to really get it but I am so proud of Austin and how smooth he has transitioned.  Yes, there were lots of accidents, bribery treats, and loads of laundry being done but we are fully there now. Austin hasn't had an accident in days!  I think he looks so cute in underwear too.  It's been fun to have him hit a new milestone.  It seems like right now so much attention is on Kensley and all the new things she is learning to do so it was nice for him to have something new to be praised for.  I was sooo dreading potty training and am so relieved to have accomplished it!


I told him to show me his underwear and this is what I got

7 comments:

Heather said...

Yay Austin! Good job to you both! I am also dreading it. Thanks for the book recommendation and I am glad it went so well for you. Hooray for one less bum in diapers!

Julie said...

Shanna this is so great!! Way to go to the two of you. I'm totally going to check out this book too, thanks! And we need to meet at the train park sometime soon since we didn't get to see you guys before we moved :(

Nancy said...

Love the panties----I mean underwear--haha!! Gotta get used to boy terminology. The picture of him with his behind to the camera reminded me of Kayla at that age......or this age.

Rob'n'Mon said...

I've heard about this 3-day Potty Training before...gonna have to try this for sure! I'm SO glad to hear it's worked for someone else. Congratulations!

Mikke said...

I love this photos! LOL! Austin is so cute!

Kris and Megan said...

woo hoo!!!!! it is such a relief isn't it?!?!?! congrats on another thing accomplished in motherhood!

Jenna said...

Hahahaha!! Love Austin's undies!