Friday, March 11, 2011

Yesterday

It's pretty much summer time already. It reached 87 degrees yesterday.  Time to break these out:


Austin helped me make another treat yesterday.  This one was quite a bit more healthy than the last treat we made together. He helped me make peanut butter balls. I got the recipe from one of my favorite kid-friendly cooking websites here.  Again, he loved to help and concentrated really hard while stirring and dipping the balls in coconut.
Yes, we sat on the kitchen floor while we made these and please excuse Austin's post-nap hair!  The last picture is Austin eating a peanut butter ball. He popped the whole thing in his mouth and then kept asking for more.  I'm so glad he likes them as they are a  great, healthy snack.

A little later we went out on our porch to blow bubbles and Austin really wanted to do it himself.  He didn't really get any bubbles to form but he sure played with the bottle for a long time.  He just sat outside and kept pulling the bubble stick in and out of the bottle.  It was one of those spill proof bottles.  It was really cute to watch.

I sure love this little boy!

4 comments:

All Fun Family said...

That picture of you two together is so cute!

Julie said...

I love his sandals! He is just too cute! Thanks for coming over and playing today! ;)

Heather said...

I am going to have to make those for M & K but without their help, we aren't quite there yet! And where do you get spill proof bubbles? My kids would love those! As would I!

I got the kids swimsuits today and thought of a fun playdate at the pool? Yours since we don't have one... ;)

Kris and Megan said...

I know can you believe it's already getting so warm here?! Time to soak up all the good weather before it's too hot again. Thanks for the tip of the website for healthy snacks, i know my little guy would love peanut butter balls!! Austin is so so handsome by the way! :)