Friday, June 27, 2008

Time to Update!

I can't believe how fast time flies! It seemed to me like I just made a post but really its almost been a month! So here are some of the things I have been doing the past few weeks.

Matthew's brother Dallin, reported to the MTC this week. He is going to the Mexico City West mission. The exact same day, Matthew's other brother Brian came home from his mission where he was serving in Houston, TX! Although that is kinda cool, its also sad because now Dallin and Brian won't see each other for 4 years. So to avoid this long time no see situation, Brain's mission president allowed Dallin to get set apart as a missionary and then go down to Houston for 4 days to be with Brain out in the mission field! I think that was a very cool experience for both brothers. Matthew was actually quite jealous! Then Dallin flew to Salt Lake to report to the MTC. Since Matthew's family lives in Alabama, Matthew and I were able to take Dallin to the MTC. This was cool for me because I have never been able to see any missionaries off since I don't have brothers! So it was really neat and Dallin looked ready and excited to be a missionary. He kept trying to speak Spanish the whole way to the MTC which was really funny because Matthew had to keep correcting him! Well we are also very glad Brain is back and even more excited to live close to him when he comes to BYU in the fall!

Something else exciting that has happened is my birthday was yesterday! I am 23 now! I had a very good day thanks to my wonderful husband! Neither of us had to work so we went to Seven Peaks Water Park in Provo. I had never been there and Matthew loves water parks! It was really fun and I got scared on some of the rides that just drop! But it was very enjoyable. I didn't get any pictures because I didn't want to get my camera wet. Too bad. But later Matthew took me out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants Magleby's. So this is the birthday dessert I got there. Thanks to family and friends for wishing me a happy birthday!

A couple weeks ago we made a trip down to Texas and I am finally posting about it! My cousin Katie got married in the Dallas Temple and it was so nice to be there for it!! She looked so pretty and I am very happy for her and Jason!
Family picture at Katie's wedding!
We also went to Texas for my little sister's high school graduation!! Ciera is coming to BYU in the fall so I am way pumped to live close to another sister! She is so ready to come to college! I didn't get a picture of her in her gown but here is the family celebrating at Fuddruckers!

Family picture!
Matthew's schedule this summer is pretty flexible with only one summer class and then working in a BYU research lab. I was suppose to teach summer school but last minute I was told that it wasn't going to work out. So now my schedule is pretty wide open until the fall. So Matthew and I decided to try and do a lot of fun, Utah summer things. This is us hiking up Stewart Falls. Its not a very intense hike but it was very pretty and hike to be around nature!

2 comments:

Taryn said...

First of all, your birthday dessert looks so good! Happy Birthday! How fun to get to go to Texas and be with your whole family. You guys always seem to be up to the funnest things.

Emily said...

One more fun summer activity in Utah . . .Snowbird! I can't wait to see you guys in 2 days!