Saturday, July 13, 2013

4th of July

We started off the 4th really early in the morning this year.  In Provo, they were doing a big balloon festival where you can watch all the balloons fill up from the ground and I thought my kids would love to see it but it started at 6:30am. I thought it would be worth it and I really wanted to do something cool this year so I decided to wake my kids up at 5:45 and go.  My plan was to stop by this cute bakery across from the balloons to get cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Well as soon as we drive up I realize there are no balloons being filled up.  It was really overcast and a little windy and it turns out they cancelled it due to weather.  So really, I woke my kids up for nothing.  I was very bummed the kids didn't get to enjoy the balloons. Then we head over to the bakery and it's closed.  So much for my fun holiday plans.  Well we were all starving and headed over to the local Denny's to decide what to do.   It was crazy packed in there.  Everyone  had come to see the balloons and then everyone's plan B was to come to Denny's.  It took forever but finally we were all fed and a little more happy.  But then the Provo Parade was about to start which we weren't planning on going to but I wanted to do something festive so we found a spot and stayed.    I'm so glad I had a stroller and lawn chairs in my car.  The kids loved the parade and it ended up being a fun morning. 





In the afternoon we went swimming at a neighbor's pool and had a very yummy bbq with Matthew's extended family.  In the evening we let the kids do sparklers since they were going to be long asleep before real fireworks started.   Austin was a little hesitant at first but as soon has he watched his cousin Aaron do it he was all in.  
Nonna got all the grandkids matching outfits.



Even though it started rough it turned out to be a great day.  Later that night we watch fireworks from our back porch. Since the house sits a little higher on the mountain we had a great view of everyone else's fireworks.  It was pretty cool. They just kept going and going until very late! Fun way to end the day. 

No comments: