Sunday, January 07, 2007

Snowed In


So my husband had this crazy spur of the moment decision to drive to Texas to be with my family for New Years. I had a hard time being away from my family for the first Christmas ever so i kinda liked the idea. So pretty much the next day we packed up and just left! I didn't really tell anyone, we just did it.Jenna and Cole came with us. However, on the way down, we got stranded on I-40 in the middle of New Mexico. The snow was so bad and the roads were so slippery that I got really scared we were going to slip off the road. Well then we got stopped in bumper to bumper traffic and found out they had closed the road for the rest of the night! So we played a little rock, played in the snow and talked to some of the truckers. We tried to sleep but it was very uncomfortable. Honestly it was miserable trying to sleep! Now we have a fun adventure story to tell.

Here is what we saw in front of us--an endless stream of backlights
Here is what was behind us stopped on the highway.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

What a nightmare-I bet you guys were just freezing out there-at least you were with people that you love!